Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sony Vaio Computer Wireless Networking Issue?

Hello! I recently purchased a Sony Vaio laptop computer and I am having issues with it and am wondering if you think I should exchange it or have it repaired (purchased a week ago). I set up the wireless network to the computer, but its been giving me issues. If I set it up to auto connect when I start the computer, it doesn't connect to the internet, only the local connection (sometimes, if I wait like 10 minutes before trying though, the internet will be there). To fix this, I have to disconnect from the network and then reconnect to the network. In addition to this, when I'm online occasionally websites will just stop loading and I will get "connection interrupted" messages or "Proxy Error" messages. Again, to fix this, I have to disconnect and reconnect to the network. At first, I thought this was a problem with my wireless internet connection, however, I have taken it to 2 other locations that have wireless services (airport and local college), and the computer did the same things at these locations as well, which leads me to believe this is the computer. Now, I called BestBuy and they said to bring it in and have a Geek Squad agent look at it. Now here is my concern: a) Do I return/exchange the computer b) Repair it (It should be under the mfg. warranty, which means I have to wait for it). Issues: I have already installed word and my anti-virus on there, I'm concerned that I won't be able to do it again because they limit the number of times you can do this, what do I do for this? Should I insist BestBuy pay for the re-downloads? Or do I have to repurchase? I had to install Word 2 other times on my desktop (first installation, and then a 2nd when the hard drive crashed), so this is my 3rd installation of Home and Student Microsoft Office...doing it again will put me over my limit I'm pretty sure. Any tips/advice/suggestions would be appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Popular Posts