Friday, April 15, 2011

Fully functional Garmin GPS on Nokia E71

After being totally lost in Helsinki while using Nokia Maps software trying to connect to the internet every 2 seconds (hand giving my operator to send me an internet bill of 80€ - yes I had downloaded the total map to my unit !) I had decided that Nokia's built-in GPS function was no better than the Google Maps thing. Given up hope.

While I was searching for a separate GPS device on the net, I came across some software called Garmin Mobile XT (GMXT) which is built for Symbian devices. With more dire research, I found out that GMXT actually works on Nokia E71, just like a GPS unit and it doesn't need to connect to the internet all the time to download map info*. Again, browsing through tens of forums, I saw alot of people trying to install the software, but due to lack of technical know-how, they were not succeeding. So I experimented it on my phone and succeeded. 

Luckily, I have noted the method I used step-by-step, which I think it will ease and save alot of time and cash spent on external GPS devices.

What You Get: You give the address you want to go, it directs you to the destination with graphics and VOICE. As Garmin is the best GPS brand, its working pretty correctly. It can also recalculate route, download traffic, emergency info as well as hotels, places of interest etc. Pretty cool ! 

All you need is a Noki [...]


Thanks, Admin, lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Popular Posts